White's Boots x Franklin & Poe Semi-Dress - Distressed Roughout
For our latest collaboration with White's Boots, we chose the 5" Semi-Dress boot, one of their flagship models developed during the 1930s. First designed with store clerks and businessmen in mind, this boot is built on their renowned "55" last, which offers medium arch support and a roomy toebox. As the name suggests, the boot is the union of a work boot and a dress boot.
The first incarnation of the Semi-Dress sported a leather sole, and our goal was to bring the profile of the boot closer to that original. Together with White's, we achieved this by reducing the midsole, upping the dress factor and increasing the boot's overall flexibility and lightness. We wanted to maintain the modern durability of the Vibram rubber sole, which now which now extends back through the heel, lending the boot a more streamlined profile suiting city wear.
This version in distressed roughout leather from Seidel Tannery is meant for rough wear - abrasion will only improve the look of these.
- 5-inch-tall all leather upper
- Distress roughout
- Built on a 55 arch-ease last
- #700 Vibram sole and logger heel
- Plain toe
- Nickel eyelets and speed hooks
- Brown edge dye
- Reduced midsole for a lower overall profile
- All leather arch, shank and insole with no compromises
- All leather heel counter for unsurpassed comfort and durability
- Hand lasted
- Handsewn welt construction for a unique fit and feel that cannot be achieved by any other method
- Boots can be resoled or completely rebuilt for long term value
What it’s made out of
- Distress roughout
Where it’s made
- Spokane, Washington
- Remove the laces. Use warm water and a soft bristle brush to remove stuck-on dirt. Then use a clean, dry cloth to wipe away any remaining excess dirt. For heavily soiled areas, use a clean cloth or brush to apply a leather cleaner. Wipe the cleaner away with a damp cloth and allow the leather to dry. Proper conditioning helps preserve the finish and life of your footwear. You can apply these conditioners with your fingers, soft cloth or sponge.
Fit & Measurement
- Built on a 55 arch-ease last. This last features a medium arch support and roomy toe box. Most people size down ½ a size from their normal shoe size. For those who have Red Wing Heritage boots last no. 8 (Iron Ranger, Beckman), we recommend taking the same size as you are in those.
Shipping & Returns
- World-wide shipping via (USPS/UPS/FedEx/DHL). You will receive a tracking number via email.
- Low flat rate shipping. Free shipping over $250 on domestic orders. Please see "Shipping, Returns, and Exchanges” under our “INFO” tab on any page for up-to-date shipping rates.
- Most packages are shipped via UPS in the lower 48.
- Orders shipped to an APO/DPO address are shipped via USPS.
- International orders are shipped primarily through DHL or UPS. Please be aware that the customer is responsible for any local customs or duties placed on the package upon arrival. As we ship worldwide, we have no knowledge of country specific import taxes, so please refer to guidance from your local government.
- We accept returns for full refunds within seven (7) days of the order delivery date.
- Store credit for returns will be issued within fourteen (14) days of the order delivery.
- All Items for return or exchanges must be postmarked within the seven (7) day period after authorization.
- We carry limited quantities of many items. To ensure an exchange can be fulfilled, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org;.
- Franklin and Poe is not responsible for shipping costs on exchanges or returns.
- We only accept items for return or exchange if they are in new condition with original tags, unworn and unaltered.
- All merchandise purchased on sale, grooming products, underwear, and consignment are final.
Please select all options.