We hem all brands of jeans purchased anywhere in the world using a vintage Union Special 43200G chainstitch machine. A hem done on a 43200G is one of those key details that can make or break a pair of jeans for many denim heads. The reason is the roping effect caused by a slight defect in the mechanism so the top and bottom part of the fabric feed through at different tension.
Please note the specific item(s) in the comments section when checking out.
We require that all garments be washed and unworn before they are shipped to us - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Chainstitch hemming performed on a vintage Union Special 43200g
- Hem thread will be matched as closely as possible to the original thread
- For other thread options please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Measurements will be matched to within ¼ inch
Fit & Measurement
- Lay your jeans flat and with a fabric measuring tape follow the inseam from the crotch seam to your desired length. If you would like to have room for a cuff please include that in the total inseam measurement.
- For any measurement questions please contact repairs email@example.com
Shipping & Returns
- World-wide shipping via (USPS/UPS/FedEx/DHL). You will receive a tracking number via email.
- Low flat rate shipping. Free shipping over $250 on domestic orders. Please see "Shipping, Returns, and Exchanges" under our "INFO" tab on any page for up-to-date shipping rates.
- Most packages are shipped via USPS or UPS in the lower 48.
- Orders shipped to an APO/DPO address are shipped via USPS.
- International orders are shipped primarily through DHL or UPS. Please be aware that the customer is responsible for any local customs or duties placed on the package upon arrival. As we ship worldwide, we have no knowledge of country specific import taxes, so please refer to guidance from your local government.
- We accept returns for full refunds within seven (7) days of the order delivery date.
- Store credit for returns will be issued within fourteen (14) days of the order delivery.
- All Items for return or exchanges must be postmarked within the seven (7) day period after authorization.
- We carry limited quantities of many items. To ensure an exchange can be fulfilled, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Franklin and Poe is not responsible for shipping costs on exchanges or returns.
- We only accept items for return or exchange if they are in new condition with original tags, unworn and unaltered.
- All merchandise purchased on sale, grooming products, underwear, and consignment are final.
- Please visit our SHIPPING/RETURNS/EXCHANGES page for full information on our policies.
- Your satisfaction is very important to us. Please feel free to reach out anytime and email us at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Dial in the fit of your favorite jeans with our tapering service. We taper jeans from the inseam so you can keep your selvedge ID, and we work on jeans...