We hem all brands of jeans purchased anywhere in the world using a vintage Union Special 43200G chainstitch machine. A hem done on a 43200G is one of those key details that can make or break a pair of jeans for many denim heads. The reason is the roping effect caused by a slight defect in the mechanism so the top and bottom part of the fabric feed through at different tension.
Please note the specific item(s) in the comments section when checking out.
We require that all garments be washed and unworn before they are shipped to us - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Chainstitch hemming performed on a vintage Union Special 43200g
- Hem thread will be matched as closely as possible to the original thread
- For other thread options please contact us at email@example.com
- Measurements will be matched to within ¼ inch
Fit & Measurement
- Lay your jeans flat and with a fabric measuring tape follow the inseam from the crotch seam to your desired length. If you would like to have room for a cuff please include that in the total inseam measurement.
- For any measurement questions please contact repairs firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipping & Returns
- Once you purchase a hem, we will send you an email to with further instructions
- The shipping fee only includes a label to send your hemmed jeans back to you
- The customer is responsible for sending your denim to us
- We highly encourage you to send your denim to us via UPS as they are the carrier that most reliably delivers to us during our business hours
- Franklin & Poe is not responsible for any lost or stolen packages that are sent to us. Again, we strongly recommend using UPS for delivery.
Please select all options.