Velva Sheen Loopwheeler Crew Sweat with Pocket - Grey
The Velva Sheen Loopwheeler Crew Sweat is hands down my favorite sweatshirt right now. And it just might retain that title forever. Incredibly soft, yet dense, this sweatshirt is literally the epitome of "how they used to make them." Loopwheel machines knit at a pace of 1 meter of fabric per hour. It's easy to see why these industrious, yet inefficient machines were replaced by more modern, faster machines. But this slow knitting is exactly what makes the fabric softer and denser, because there's no tension put on the cotton yarns as they're knit together. Only two factories in the entire world still have the last remaining 200 working Loopwheel machines, Loopwheeler out of Japan and Merz B. Schwanen out of Germany. For this sweatshirt, Velva Sheen worked with Loopwheeler and the results could not be more amazing. If you truly want to capture a bit of lost art and history, this is how you do it.
- 100% U.S. 15 oz French Terry cotton knit on loopwheel machines in Japan.
- Front left chest pocket with ribbed detail.
- Ribbed cuffs and bottom hem.
- Traditional “V” notch detail at collar.
What it's made out of100% cotton.
Where it's MadeJapan
CareWear often, wash less often in cold water, hang dry.
Fit & Measurement
- We recommend taking your normal shirt size.
- Model is 5'10" tall, weights 175lbs and wears a size medium.