Red Wing Heritage 8083
These Red Wing Heritage 8083 Iron Rangers are made out of Hawthorne Muleskinner Leather, Red Wing’s version of the roughout. Instead of splitting the hide, Red Wing uses the other side making for a stronger, tougher leather. This year brings a new grip sole that provides better footing in inclement weather, yet still retains the low profile of the previous cork sole. The Iron Rangers make for the perfect entry level boot, with its specific workwear detailed cap toe and speed hooks. If you don’t believe us, read this testimony.
- Goodyear Leather Welt
- Nickel Eyelets
- Vibram 430 Mini-lug outsole
- Red Wing Last #8
What it’s made out of
- Hawthorne Muleskinner Leather
Where it’s made
- S.B. Foot Tannery, Red Wing, Minnesota
- Remove the laces. Take a rubber cleaning bar to wipe away any dirt and dark stains. Then take a suede brush to remove any rubber shavings on the rough-out boot. Apply Mink Oil to help strengthen and preserve the leather. This can be done with your fingers or a soft cloth. Once the boot is dry, apply a thin layer of Leather Protector to protect your boots from dirt, water, salt, and mud.
- To see how it’s done check out this video.
Fit & Measurement
- We recommend going with ½ a size smaller than your normal shoe size (Brannock Device measurement). It should fit comfortably tight with room to wiggle your toes.